6.20.2014

2 Months Old!

Penelope Mae is 2 months old! 
And.... are you ready for it?!?!?! Major Mom blunder on this 2 month update.... Can you see it? 
I'll give you a few seconds to see if you can spot my ridiculousness....
So you got it? You found it? 
I SPELLED MY CHILD'S NAME WRONG!!!!
Ummm...her name is Penelope, not Penolope. 
I mean, seriously, what is wrong with me?!?! I think I'm just going to go with the colicky baby, two other small children, and working until 1 and 2am every night. Will that work? Or maybe I just got carried away writing in a swirly font. Who knows. All I know is that it's ridiculous. 

However, I do want to point out, that my recovering perfectionism has obviously reached the point of amazing if I decided to leave her name like that, not re-take the picture, AND post it on social media. Yep, I'm pretty proud of myself. 

1. It takes way too much work to write the board, dress the baby, prop up the baby, keep the other two from walking in front of the camera, and dance around like an idiot to get her to look. 
2. I need to practice being okay with things not being perfectly in order. 
3. It keeps me humble. ;) 
4. It will provide entertainment for my family in years to come due to the fact that Mom spelled her name wrong and it was permanently displayed in her first year baby chalkboard book. 
5. It keeps life real. :) 

Alright, now on to the real reason for this post. My sweet baby girl turned 2 months old on June 6, 2014. I'm two weeks behind on her post because it's just been a little crazy around here. So here are some things Penelope has been up to...

1. Weighs 11 lbs. 2.4 ounces, and is 21 1/2 inches long. Her eyes look like they will be brown, and her hair is showing definite tints of red! Haha. 
2. She's had two bouts of fever. One that happened at 5 weeks old that landed us in the emergency room. Scary, and no fun at all (post on that later). And the second one at 8 weeks old. However, that one was likely from just a cold and congestion that she's had. The doctor said her ears did look pink and had some fluid in one, but he didn't think it was infected. Phew. I don't understand why my teeny baby has been sick this much already. She's exclusively breastfed, we don't do daycare and she hasn't been in church nursery! Poor little thing. 
3. Her colic and crying seems to hopefully be taking a turn for the better (fingers crossed)!!! She is now sleeping between 6-7 hours a night (with a couple nights this week of 8 hours). She rarely has all out, hour long crying fits at night now. However, she's kind of flip flopped her crying. She used to be pleasant during the day, and cry at night. Now she sleeps at night, and cries during the day! Ah! Although, I can't complain because it really isn't too bad. It seems like if she isn't sleeping or eating, she is crying or fussy. But we're workin' with it, and she's having more and more days where this is the case. 
4. Penelope makes GREAT eye contact. Even the doctor was shocked at how well she interacts for her age. She locks eyes and just smiles away. She is starting to try and coo and make baby noises and it is the cutest thing ever, especially when she surprises herself when a sound comes out. 
5. She finally enjoys being on her back a little bit. She enjoys laying on a blanket while the other kids play next to her. She is mesmerized by them, and they love "showing" her how to play, as they call it. 
6. She still loves to be held facing out on your arm, or on her belly. 
7. She's officially out of newborn clothes. Boo. So sad. 
8. She's still sleeping in her bassinet in our room and is getting the hang of falling asleep on her own, which is nice. But every morning after I feed her, I tuck her into bed with me for just a little bit of sleepy snuggles. It's my favorite time of the day. 
9. She eats about every 3-4 hours and is not on a specific schedule yet, such as eats at these exact times. Mostly because her wake up time is different every morning, and I'm so exhausted I simply can't get up any earlier than I absolutely have to! But it doesn't seem to affect naps, sleeping at night, etc. She always go to bed at night at the same time, and her last feeding of the night is always the same time. 
10. She enjoys hanging out in the Beco baby carrier on me during times where I have to get stuff done and she is being miss fussy pants. 

We are settling in to this three kid thing, and most days, it seems like we are getting the hang of it more and more. We are so thankful God blessed us with this Pipper-dee-doo-dah as we affectionately call her. 

No comments: