So, here's the belly. It honestly doesn't look much bigger to me than the picture at 28 weeks, although it feels bigger. This picture also looks like the baby is lower now. Which I don't think it is. I can still feel it' feet in my ribs! (What I think is it's feet at least. haha).
- Baby O. is about 4 lbs., and 17 inches long from head to toe and loves to make his/her presence most known at night when I'm laying in bed.
- My nighttime nausea is doing much better and I've only thrown up a couple times in the last few weeks. Phew!
- I'm still craving pineapple and juice is a must have! Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and just want a big glass of juice, although orange juice now makes me have heartburn. A glass of juice first thing in the morning is amazing!
- I am more tired these days than I ever was, even in the first trimester. There were a few mornings I felt like I couldn't even get off the couch.
- I am dreaming a lot these days. Nothing super bizarre, but I am dreaming of things I see on TV, things we've talked about during the day, etc. Usually, I don't remember my dreams, and when I do dream, it's not usually related to stuff in my everyday life. So now, CSI and Law and Order: SVU have taken on a whole new meaning. Haha.
- As of last Wednesday at my appointment, I have gained a total of 19 pounds.
At 29 weeks, I started seeing the doctor every two weeks. At my 29 week appointment the baby's heart rate was 162. And last week, at my appointment the baby's heart rate was 147. My doctor laughs every time we hear the heartbeat because it has been all over the board in terms of high and low, and many people are convinced it's one sex or the other based on the heart rate. But like my doctor said, even if that wives tale were totally true, this child isn't giving away any hints.
Jon is currently convinced it's a girl. Awww, sweetness. Jonny would be so cute with a little girl. I'm still not completely sure what sex it is, and I go back and forth. I'd love a boy because he and Mekonen would be close in age, but I'd also love a girl because I don't have one yet and want to do the girl thing too. Haha. So either way, I'm good! :) Although we still have no boy names!!
And my very round baby bump, with it's popped belly button and all! I loved my previous belly button and sure hope it goes back to normal!
Fellow readers and bloggers, what birth books, videos, etc. did you find most helpful? Would love any input/thoughts you have!