3.24.2010

I Guess I'm Funny

On March 14th I celebrated my 27th birthday! Whoa! I feel old. I think I'm no longer in my mid-twenties but cruisin' in the fast lane to 30! So weird. It was a fun day spending time with Jon. We went to dinner and a movie! He asked what I was hungry for and I said ribs!!! YUMMY! We went to this great ribs place and then went to see the movie Dear John. I LOVE all the books by Nicholas Sparks so of course I will see all his movies. Isn't Jon such a nice guy?!

Another thing I love... homemade, personal gifts. Over the years, Jon has made some really great ones. This year he made me a book titled, "The 27 Funniest Things Rachael Has Said." I was literally laughing hysterically reading them. Many of them will probably not be funny to most people, even though I explain them. But I guess that's what makes it special. :)

(A horrible pic of me on my birthday. This was late at night and I was clearly exhausted).

Some of the "27 of the Funniest Things Rachael Has Said"
  • What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine. (My thoughts on my marriage to Jon. haha). 
  • Babe, you're learning (when he has figured something out about me) (to which Jon responded, "why is it that I'm always learning, but you already know everything).
  • How do I get back to my parents house? (I am HORRIBLE with directions. I lived in the same area my whole life. Jon and I spent the first three years of marriage in that area and I would often call Jon and ask him how to get places in the town where he had never before lived and where I lived my whole life! Even my directionally challenged friends would call him for directions. Pretty bad huh?).
  • People hit those poles at the bank all the time! (I frequent hitting the poles at the bank with our car. I don't know why, I just do. And, it's not usually the front driver's side mirror, it's the back tire on the passenger side! How is this possible? I don't know. But my explanation to Jon is that people hit them all the time because there are always scuff marks on the poles and/or fresh white paint. See! It's not just me!) 
  • My stomach is literally eating itself. (I get dramatic when I am really hungry).
  • Macy Marie (I added the middle name "Marie" to our dog just because it is absolutely ridiculous. Most people who have dogs usually adopt a different voice when talking to their dog and our voice makes the name "Macy Marie" even funnier).
  • I don't know, it's a blue car or something. (What I said when someone asked what kind of car we had. I was dead serious).
  • Jon, that is so disgusting! (I say this one about 10 times a day. Haha. Okay, that is an exaggeration but still, I say it a lot). 
  • I love "Love" (meaning I love anything to do with "love"- hugs, kisses, cuddling, romantic movies, love letters, and everything else in between. So sometimes when Jon gives me a hug I say, "I love Love." He usually rolls his eyes and laughs). 
  • I didn't see that stone wall. (Something else I hit with our car).
  • My Dad is always right.
  • It's either a truck, a car, or a motorcycle (my explanation of vehicle categories. I wouldn't be a good crime witness b/c my description of the car would be something like, "a red car").

    5 comments:

    Julie said...

    I think Jon should be the one to teach Meko how to drive. That's all I'm sayin'.

    Happy 27th, you old bird, you!

    Jo said...

    My favorite was "My stomach is literally eating itself" I can so hear you saying that!

    Anonymous said...

    Don't worry - our dog had a middle name, too. He was Gunther Allen. "Allen" came about because a friend called him that one night.. but it's also my father-in-law's and my oldest brother-in-law's and now my nephew's middle name! We tried SO hard not to call him "Gunther Allen" in front of Brian's family, but the night before we moved, it slipped out. Thankfully, my mother-in-law thought it was funny and started calling Brian's brothers' dogs by all their middle names, so I guess it was okay! =)
    -Lisa

    doddyj said...

    you are HILARIOUS!! HA, I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably at some of those...needed that today, so thanks. :)

    Happy Birthday too - just passed my 28th and I'm still trying to convince myself that I'm 27. :)

    Elizabeth Isaak said...

    27??? That's not old. Now you're making ME feel old!! :-) I guess I was the same age as you when I became a first-time Mommy, but there are some days when I still feel like that first-time Mommy. Sometimes I look around and say, "I'm married? And I have THREE kids? When did that happen??"