Another thing I love... homemade, personal gifts. Over the years, Jon has made some really great ones. This year he made me a book titled, "The 27 Funniest Things Rachael Has Said." I was literally laughing hysterically reading them. Many of them will probably not be funny to most people, even though I explain them. But I guess that's what makes it special. :)
(A horrible pic of me on my birthday. This was late at night and I was clearly exhausted).
Some of the "27 of the Funniest Things Rachael Has Said"
- What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine. (My thoughts on my marriage to Jon. haha).
- Babe, you're learning (when he has figured something out about me) (to which Jon responded, "why is it that I'm always learning, but you already know everything).
- How do I get back to my parents house? (I am HORRIBLE with directions. I lived in the same area my whole life. Jon and I spent the first three years of marriage in that area and I would often call Jon and ask him how to get places in the town where he had never before lived and where I lived my whole life! Even my directionally challenged friends would call him for directions. Pretty bad huh?).
- People hit those poles at the bank all the time! (I frequent hitting the poles at the bank with our car. I don't know why, I just do. And, it's not usually the front driver's side mirror, it's the back tire on the passenger side! How is this possible? I don't know. But my explanation to Jon is that people hit them all the time because there are always scuff marks on the poles and/or fresh white paint. See! It's not just me!)
- My stomach is literally eating itself. (I get dramatic when I am really hungry).
- Macy Marie (I added the middle name "Marie" to our dog just because it is absolutely ridiculous. Most people who have dogs usually adopt a different voice when talking to their dog and our voice makes the name "Macy Marie" even funnier).
- I don't know, it's a blue car or something. (What I said when someone asked what kind of car we had. I was dead serious).
- Jon, that is so disgusting! (I say this one about 10 times a day. Haha. Okay, that is an exaggeration but still, I say it a lot).
- I love "Love" (meaning I love anything to do with "love"- hugs, kisses, cuddling, romantic movies, love letters, and everything else in between. So sometimes when Jon gives me a hug I say, "I love Love." He usually rolls his eyes and laughs).
- I didn't see that stone wall. (Something else I hit with our car).
- My Dad is always right.
- It's either a truck, a car, or a motorcycle (my explanation of vehicle categories. I wouldn't be a good crime witness b/c my description of the car would be something like, "a red car").