7.15.2012

Summer Happenings- Part 1

For my own record keeping sake, I wanted to get down some of our summer happenings so far this year. Enjoy!

In April, our sweet darling Evie finally got tubes in her ears! 8 infections in 6 months meant it was time! Clearly she didn't approve of the hat and silly gown, but she sure did look cute! She's been doing great since the tubes. Only one ear infection so far, drastic hearing improvements, and she's starting to babble and talk more! 
Jon started a new job with his Dad in chemical sales. He's really enjoying it. Here are the kids giving Daddy a big hug after a work trip. 

Jon's cousin Brooke had her baby girl! Meeting Avary Mae just hours after her birth. Nothing like those newborn snuggles. ;) 
I drove out to PA with my friend Megan and the kids. We had a blast running around with our cousins. It was too cold for the pool yet so the kids spent lots of time riding around on their bikes. This was our attempt to get a cousin picture. You can't see Kim, she was on the far left. They are all staring down at my daughter, front and center, throwing a massive tantrum. All caught on camera. It was one of the funniest things I've seen yet. This picture will be around for a long time. :) 
 Two of my favorite pics from the trip. My Dad and Mekonen sharing a late night potato chip snack. 
 Every day my Dad reads his Bible sitting in his bed. Mekonen jumped in and said, "I need a Bible too!" And grabbed Hands Christian Anderson's book of Fairy Tales. haha. :) 
It was so fun to see Gideon and Mekonen playing together. Wish my best friend lived near me! 
Jon's sisters and family came to Indy for a visit. We always love their visits and the kids have so much fun together. We went to the museum, swimming, and to an amusement park. 
Two cutie girls in the Lego car. 
 Lego building!
 They loved spraying each other with the hose. Ignore the water. It was a little rusty that day. But they didn't care! 


Cousin picture: Mekonen, Evie, Joy, and Owen
Oren Family
Grandma Magz and Boppy with the grandkids. 
We celebrated Joy's 1st birthday. 






No comments: