7.24.2012

Summer Happenings- Part 2

Again, to keep up my record keeping, here's part 2 of our summer happenings! I can't believe it's the end of July already! The summer is flyin' by!

We've been spending a lot of time at the Wendel's pool this summer and enjoying every minute! Macie joined us one day for the swimming fun! 
 Mekonen loves goggles but they always fog and fill with water, but he still loves them. Ha! 
My little tutu girl. 
The Urruttia's joined us at the pool for the day. 
Lunch break!
We took the kids on a day trip to go hiking. They had a blast!!
Meko's favorite spot!
 Daddy and his boy. 
 He found this hollowed out tree and thought it was so cool. 
 Evie, our explorer girl, loved wondering around. 
My Auntie Jan (mom's sister) passed away unexpectedly in June. I was really glad she got to meet my babies and spend time with them last summer while she was at my parents. We made a trip to Boston, MA in June to honor her life. 
While we were there, my Grandma Penny (dad's mom) got to meet Evie for the first time. Love Mekonen's face. He is obviously super excited. :) Haha. 
 Most of my mom's side of the family, honoring my Auntie Jan. 
 Us with my Grandaddy and his wife Kris. 
 My Grandaddy with my kiddos. Love him. I have such fond memories of him taking us to breakfast in the wee hours of the morning when we would visit as kids. How I wish we lived close so he could carry the tradition on with my children. 



No comments: