5.05.2014

We Serve a Risen Savior

Happy Easter! 
This year, we had a much "simpler" Easter celebration than last year in terms of family activities and devotions with Penelope's birth being just two week prior. We did however, get to do our Easter advent/Easter tree readings and ornaments. We do an Easter version of the Christmas Jesse Tree and I linked up readings from the Jesus Storybook Bible and The Big Picture Story Bible to go along with the resurrection eggs. You can see the exact plans here if you're interested!
Easter has become my favorite, most meaningful holiday. I normally spend reflective time journaling at Easter, but in my newborn fog these days and running on very little time and sleep, I was not able to write out my thoughts in succinct format for a blog post. However, in these crazy days, I've been thankful to have those quiet reflective moments between me and the Lord to think on what He has done for me. Here are my personal, reflective thoughts on Easter last year.

Between the Cross and the Empty Tomb

Easter Sunday Joy

Here's a snapshot of celebrating the resurrection of Jesus! 
My bigs...
 And my little...
 Penelope's 1st Easter


Daddy and the babes
 Mommy and the babes

 Easter basket fun! 
 Easter egg hunt at Grandma Magz and Boppy's! 


 Checkin' out the goods. 

Living He loved me.
Dying he saved me. 
Buried he carried, my sins far away. 
Rising He justified, freely forever. 
One day He's coming. 
Oh glorious day! 


No comments: