3.22.2011

39 Weeks! Thoughts on Pink or Blue




I never got around to posting my 38 week pictures last week! Oops!! But here we go...
39 Weeks! 
  • Wow. I can't believe I am 39 weeks. Part of me didn't think I would make it this far! Who wants to bet on a 40 week picture? ;)
  • Since Friday night, things have changed from being uncomfortable to more painful! All these random sharp pains, or dull achiness. It just all hurts! Even rolling over in my sleep is like, "ugh... oh my that kills. " But oh well... I will live! 
  • Across the top of my belly is now completely numb! Weirdest feeling ever. I go to scratch it and I can't feel it. It's like your arm falling asleep but without the bad tingling. I guess it's because when your stomach stretches the nerves don't stretch and apparently, my stomach has stretched beyond my nerves, hence the numbness. The numbness turns to a fire burning pain in one spot on the right when I lay on my right side. Strange. 
  • Had a doctor's appointment again today and nothing has changed!! Still just 1 cm. Looks like this babe is enjoying the comforts of Mommy's belly! 
  • Heart rate= 152 
  • Next week at my 40 week appointment, they will do a non-stress test on the baby to make sure they are still doing well. If they are, I will continue on to 41 weeks, and I think that's when they start talking induction. I do not want to be induced, at all. So we are really praying this baby comes on its own before that even needs to be discussed. 


We can't wait to find out whether Mekonen will have a little brother or a little sister! We are extremely excited for either gender and can't wait to see who God has chosen to best fit our family.  

Feelings on a Boy
I would love to have a boy because then he and Mekonen would be close in age (about 2 years and 3 months), and that would be a fun playmate for trucks, cars, dinosaurs, dirt, and more! (not to say girls couldn't do that too, but you know what I mean!) I love having a little boy. Love the boy thing. Growing up I always said if I could only have one gender of children I would probably choose all boys. So who knows! 

Feelings on a Girl
I would love to have a girl because we don't have one yet and I do love all things having to do with having a girl too. I can't put bows and headbands on Mekonen and have him wear bright striped tights, pig tails, and play tea party. Plus, Jonny would be absolutely adorable with a little girl who just stole his heart away. And I can't deny the incredible amounts of cute girl clothes. Yes, some people get offended when I say boy clothes aren't as cute. But I just don't think they are. Haha. 

But the best part of the whole gender thing is that God has placed the exact right child for our family in my belly and that's a great feeling! 

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Yep, I'm betting we'll see at least the 40 week pic. On average, first time babies make their debut at about 41 weeks 1 day gestation (when allowed to do things themselves w/out induction). If you can, resist an induction because it increases the chances of complication (and c-section). That said there are lots of things you can do to naturally get things moving along...(o; And once labor does start do lots of walking which will help a lot in getting baby down the birth canal & dilating/softening the cervix.
Looking forward to baby Oren's debut!