12.27.2008

Manny on Babies

My niece and nephew are here staying at my parents with us. My four year old nephew Manny was laying in his bed and wanted me to come in and kiss him goodnight. So I went in and snuggled with him for a minute and this was the conversation:
Manny: Auntie Rachael when are you going to get a baby in your tummy?
Me: Someday. But first we're going to get a baby from Africa.
Manny: Then you will put him in your tummy?
Me: No, then there will be a different baby in my tummy.
Manny: Well how will the baby get there?
(Here's me thinking, "oh no.")
Me: God puts the baby there.
Manny: Well how does God put it there?
Me: (still not sure what to say, I'm not the mom...so I say,) I don't know.
(to which Manny asked the same question again and I said the same answer of 'I don't
know').
Manny: How does the baby get out?
Me: (still in my not sure what to say stage....) I don't know (to which Manny asked
the same question again and I said the same answer of 'I don't know').
Manny: I think it just slips right out!

I gave him a big kiss on the cheek and said, "I think you might be right!" And we did our little routine of eskimo and butterfly kisses and ended with his new saying, "You're my best friend," and off to sleep my Manny baby went. At least I have a few years before my kids ask the same questions and I'm then obligated to answer! :) For now, I'll be the auntie and leave that up to my sister! :) haha.

No comments: